Option 1 - ‘Services’ Option: Accommodation with services offered
These services will be specified in the agreement according to your particular preferences and choices.
An allowance of € 180 will be paid to you by the student each month for their accommodation on this basis.
Your annual subscription to the association will be € 250, renewable every year in September. For participants joining the scheme after January, part-year subscription rates are available, to reflect the remaining number of months, with a minimum subscription of € 100.
Option 2: ‘Classic’: Accommodation with rent
Suitable for householders looking for some additional income, with spare room in their accommodation, or who would simply welcome some companionship at home. You offer accommodation and the student is free of any further commitment, however, the underlying basis of this arrangement resides in a relationship of courtesy and respectful company, with an aim to prevent loneliness on either part.
The monthly rent will be between € 180 and € 300 (including utility costs) for accommodation on this basis.
Your annual subscription to the association amounts to 1 month of occupancy allowance, with a minimum of 250 euros, renewable every year in September. For participants joining the scheme after January, part-year subscription rates are available, to reflect the remaining number of months, with a minimum subscription of € 100.
Principles for all options
- The householder and student will meet in order to decide if they want to proceed with the arrangement
- The accommodation agreement will be signed by both the student and householder.
- The student will not sub-let or have visitors to the accommodation, day or night, without the agreement of the householder.
- No student will be asked to provide personal care to a householder (e.g. assistance with washing, dressing, giving drugs etc); they are not a substitute for home-carers or for professional medical or nursing assistance. For those who wish it, it is possible to subscribe an insurance with 1Toit 2Ages. The price is 100 euros / year.
- The contracts are effective during the normal university academic year - from September to the end of June.
- The student will keep the space they occupy clean and tidy.
- In order to move-in, the student must take insurance for civil-familial and fire or water damage.
- The householder will maintain appropriate occupiers liability and property insurance and will declare to their insurer the presence of a student at their house. If they are renting the property they will ask for permission from the house owner as necessary.